Dissemination of the research output via publications has been one of the major initiatives of the Institute from its inception. Institute's publications consist of Journals, Monographs, Books, and Booklets in English and Gujarati.
Selected major research studies of the Institute have been published as Monographs as listed below.
- Commodity Taxation in India: D.T. Lakdawala and K.V. Nambiar - Distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay, Rs.30.00
- Regional Variations in Industrial Development: D.T. Lakdawala and R.J. Mody Distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay, Rs.20.00
- Financial Assets and Instruments for Mobilisation of Saving: D.T. Lakdawala and R.J. Mody Distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay, Rs.20.
- Wage Structure and Labour Mobility in a Local Labour Market: T.S. Papola and K.K. Subrahmanaian Distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay, Rs.45.00
- Optimum Utilisation of Educational Expenditure in Gujarat: D.T. Lakdawala and K.R. Shah Distributed by Popular Prakashan, Bombay, Rs.50.00.
- Regional Planning in a Consistency Framework - A Study of Gujarat: S.P. Kashyap Distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi, Rs.60.00.
- Adult Education Programme in Gujarat - An Appraisal : Atul Sarma, Vimal P. Shah and Bhanumati K. Parikh Distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi, Rs.30.00.
- Gujarat Economy - 2000 A.D.: Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research, Ahmedabad Distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi, Rs.80.00.
- Employment, Poverty and Public Policy: Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research, Ahmedabad Distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi, Rs.90.00.
- Gujarat Economy - Problems and Prospects : D.T. Lakdawala (Editor) Distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi, Rs.150.00.
- International Linkages of Domestic Prices and the Mechanism of Price Transmission : R.G. Nambiar Distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi, Rs.60.00.
- Shaping of Diamonds in Surat - Some Passas (Facets) : S.P. Kashyap and R.S. Tiwari Distributed by Allied Publishers, New Delhi, Rs.100.00.
- Multinational Corporations and National Technological Capability : P. Mohanan Pillai and Jayshree Shah Distributed by D.K. Publishers Distributors (P) Ltd., Delhi, Rs.70.00.
- Evaluation of Gujarat Social Forestry Programme : M.K. Dalvi and Rohit Shukla Distributed by D.K. Publishers Distributors (P) Ltd., Delhi, Rs.180.00.
- India’s Search for Technological Self-reliance 1950 to 1985: Surendra J Patel
- Petroleum Refining in India : Reform and Technical Efficiency in Public Sector Enterprises, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., Rs.395/- (2011) ISBN: 978-81-8424-679-7 : Madhusudan Datta
- Developments in Agriculture : A Comparative Analysis of the Growth Components across Two States, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., Rs.595/- (2011) ISBN:978-81-8424-694-0 : Niti Mehta
- Stability & Development, (Ed. Y.K. Alagh, R.J. Mody, R.D. Desai) Publisher: Har Anand Publications, New Delhi, Rs.350.
- Sectoral Growth and Change (Ed. Y.K.Alagh, R.J. Mody, R.D. Desai), Publisher: Har Anand Publications, New Delhi, Rs.350.
- The Household Sector: A Study of Jari in Surat, (R.D.Desai)
Publisher: Har Anand Publications, New Delhi, Rs.150.
- Economic Dimensions of the Sardar Sarovar Project, (Y.K.Alagh, R.D.Desai, G.S.Guha, S.P.Kashyap)
Publisher: Har Anand Publications, New Delhi, Rs.250.
- Economic Theory and Economic Applications - Recent Development, (Ed. G.V.S.N.Murty)
Publisher: Har Anand Publications, New Delhi.
- Power Economics in Gujarat, (Y.K. Alagh, Jayshree Shah & Vinod K Shah )
Publisher: Har Anand Publications, New Delhi.
- Tribal Situation in India: Issues in Development (With special reference to Western India), (Vidyut Joshi)
Publisher: Rawat Publications, Jaipur, New Delhi.
- Forest and Tribal Life, Rohit Shukla, (A.T. Desai, A.B. Vora, R.B. Lal & K.M Kulkarni)
Publisher: Concept Publishing Co. Pvt Ltd., New Delhi.
- Agro-Climatic Regional Planning in India, Volumes 1 & 2, (Ed: DN Basu, SP Kashyap and GS Guha) Publisher: Concept Publishing Co. Pvt Ltd., New Delhi
Working Paper Series
- Service Boom in the Indian Economy: An Analysis of Causal Influences (2010) Madhusudan Datta
- Agricultural Demand and Food Security in India (2010) Yoginder K. Alagh
- Female Employment in India: Trends and Underlying Processes in the Era of Reforms (2010) Niti Mehta
- Sectoral Shares in GDP: Estimation at Current and Constant Prices (2010) Madhusudan Datta
- Technical Efficiency of Agricultural Farms and Capital -Output Ratio: A Study on Jhansi Division of Uttar Pradesh (2011) Hansa Jain & Ram Kumar Jha
- Towards an Understanding of Sustainable Environment & Development: Some Reflections (2011) Tattwamasi Paltasingh
- Performance of Gujarat Economy: An analysis of Growth and Instability (2011) Anita Arya & Niti Mehta
- Drivers of Vulnerability towards Climate Variability in Gujarat (2012) Shital Shukla
- Impact of Socio-Economic Indicators on The Status of Natural Resources (2012) Hansa Jain
- The Economics of Government Savings: A Note on Indian State-level Fiscal Restructuring (2012) Subrata Dutta
- Productivity and Resource Structure: Underlying Dimensions of Agricultural Development in Gujarat (2012) Niti Mehta
- Intervention on Early Childhood Care and Education: Evidences from Orissa (2012) Tattwamasi Paltasingh
- Wages and Wage Disparity in Organized Manufacturing Industries: An Analysis of Post Reforms Era (2013) Hansa Jain, Dileep Singh.
Indian Public Employment Policy for Weaker Sections: A Case of SC/ST (2013) -
- Conflict Resolution in the Water Sector, (Ed. Rohit D. Desai), SPIESR, Ahmedabad
- Financial, Issues in Water Sector, (Ed. Rohit D. Desai), SPIESR, Ahmedabad
- Informal Sector in India: Pathways to Viability and Growth (Ed. Jayshree Shah & R.G. Nambiar)
New Reprint Series(with permission of the Journal)
- “How Real Are the Changes in Sectoral GDP Shares in the Indian Economy?”, Journal of Quantitative Economics, Vol.9, No.1, January 2011, pp.169-182. Madhusudan Datta
- “Agriculture in a Rural-Urban Continuum”Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 66, No.2, April-June, 2011, pp.165-177. Yoginder K. Alagh
- “Liberalised Era and Technical Efficiency in Agriculture: Variations in Gujarat and West Bengal” Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 66, No.2, April-June, 2011, pp.214-229. Niti Mehta
- “Determinants of Rural Industrial Entrepreneurship of Farmers in West Bengal: A Structural Equations Approach”, International Regional Science Review, Vol. 33, No. 4, Oct. - Dec. 2010, 367-396. Subrata Dutta
- Performance of Crop Sector in Gujarat during High Growth Period: Some Explorations, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 25(No.2) July-December 2012, 195-204 Niti Mehta
- Demographic Transition and Population Ageing: Building an Inclusive Culture, Social Change, 42(3), Sage Publications, Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC., 391-409 Tattwamasi Paltasingh, Renu Tyagi
- Future of Indian Agriculture, The Indian Economic Journal, Vol. 59(1), April-June 2011, 40-55 Y.K. Alagh
- Beyond the 12th Plan Approach, Industrial Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol.67, No.1, Jan-March 2012, 1-8 Y.K. Alagh
- Entrepreneurship Education & Culture of Enterprise: Relevance & Policy Issues, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol.48, No.2, October 2012, 233-246 Tattwamasi Paltasingh
- Entrepreneurship & Global Competitiveness: A Study on India, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 47, No. 4, April 2012, 617-633 Subrata Dutta
- Resource-based Planning: Prerequisites for Decentralized Development, IASSI Quarterly- Contributions to Indian Social Science, Vol.31, No.2, April-June 2012, pp.1-23 - Niti Mehta.
Shri K. P. Satheesan
Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research,
Thaltej Road, Near Doordarshan Towers,
Ahmedabad, 380 054
Phone: +91 79 26850598, 26851428
Fax: +91 79 26851714